Just a bit of business to take care of;
I am resigning from the position of president of the Toronto Pinball League at the end of the current season. I’m announcing it now so that the league can decide how they want to fill that position.
The terms for treasurer and scorekeeper go on until 2016, so they can organize the process. Alternatively, the position could be left vacant till the 2016 elections or if less than 2 candidates step forward, a new president can be named.
I’ll ensure a smooth transition, passing ownership of the topl.ca and topl.org domains. The website is currently hosted on my server, but I will grant ftp access to pull and transfer the site to a new server under league control.
I’ll continue as a member, paying my league fees and continue playing pinball.
Thanks for the opportunity of being part of the league and I look forward to what the future brings.
First week of the next 15 week season starts Monday November 3rd.
All members please bring $40 ($30 season fee + $10 host fee) and see Luch when you get there.
Drop-in players bring $20 ($10 league fee + $10 host fee).
New players who need directions please Contact Us and let us know you would like to come and we will forward you the directions.
Presentation from Chris Frolic recapping the last season and what will be coming for the next.
Feel free to leave a comment.
Hey everyone, the official TOPL Rules have been updated and posted here. Nothing in there should come as a huge surprise to anyone who’s been coming out for a while now, but what was on the website before had gotten a little out of date, and we wanted to update everything to reflect the changes we’ve made over the past couple of seasons. The link at the top of the page will take you to the current “live” version of the rules, which cover the operation of the league as well as gameplay for league nights and tournaments. Have a look, and if there’s something you’d like to suggest or discuss, feel free to email me, ask about it at a league night, or leave a comment on the website. There’s more changes to come, but for now at least we’ve documented what we’re using in a place where people can find it. Thanks to Adam for taking an update pass at the document! The rules also have some more details on malfunctions (and how we deal with them), and what is and isn’t allowed on an extra ball based on questions that have come up.
Project Pinball Charity Tournament 7/19/2014 Keswick, ON
A no-elimination tournament format where you play all day!
- Doors open at noon
- Tournament starts at 12:30 PM
- Qualifying ends at 7:00pm
- Finals to follow after qualifying
- $30 Entry Fee – Includes host fee for food and drink
- There are no cash awards, we will be playing for WPPR points
- $20 from each entry taken in will be paid directly to the Project Pinball Charity
- Each entrant plays a one-game, head-to-head match against another player.
- Whoever wins gets a point.
- Most points at the end of the day wins!
- For each match, the software will randomly assign players, the machine to be played and the order of play.
- The software will ensure you never play the same opponent twice and you never play the same machine twice. (Until you have played them all)
- Everyone is welcome the more the merrier
- If you would like to attend please contact Adam Becker
Pinball Revolution has generously offered to cover free pizza for our first week of the new season. Pizza should arrive around 7:30pm
UPDATED: PIZZA!!!!! Thank-you PBREV!
Our next season will be starting Monday June 2, 2014.
Playoffs will be taking place at NA’s. Doors open at 12:00 PM, Playoffs start at 12:30 PM Sharp.